The Gryffyn 79 and Gryffyn 100 gearboxes are the heart of the Gryffyn Forward Rowing System.
The Gryffyn System makes the experience of forward rowing easy to set up and simple to experience.
All your rowing motions are exactly the same as in “normal” rowing. Your hands work in the same way, as do your arms, back and legs. Nothing new here !
The Gearboxes, Series 79 and Series 100, are two different sizes sharing the same design and features.
The Gryffyn system mounts on many different hulls, from canoes to wherries to open cockpit kayaks.
The complete GR79 Series system, oars and a Gryffyn Sliding Rigger (GSR1) together weigh around 26 lbs.
Ultimate in transportability: Collapsible Oars
Reversible Rotation: which Direction is Right for You?
Innovative Design Features:
- Reduced Wrist Rotation™ – 60° of handle twist moves the blades 83° – Easier on older hands and wrists!
- Feathers 83° between hard stops – just rotate the inner oar handles until they stop, placing the blades in the correct vertical or horizontal position
- Large swing angle – a full oar swing over 175°
- Fully Sealed Enclosure – impervious to seawater, sand , mud, and debris
- Solid, hardened gears – provide long life and smooth action
- Turnkey Operation – no user accessible parts or adjustments
- Smooth, Streamlined Form Factor – no exposed cables, pulleys, finger-catching cams, etc.
- Tool-free assembly for hassle-free installation and removal
- V-rigger design allows excellent leverage & turning
- Feathering factory set in either direction of wrist motion (‘normal’ or ‘reverse’)
- Rapid assembly – under 5 minutes in or out of the boat
- Reasonable weight – 4.2 to 6.2 lbs per gearbox unit.
Download the Product Information Sheet [PDF]
Explore our interactive, 3D Rigger in motion!
Click to load animation, then: click/drag/wheel to experience the whole system from any angle or state…[ wheel to zoom, right-click to drag camera, left click to rotate camera | Fullscreen button in upper right corner]